Friday, January 13, 2012

Irresistible


I cannot resist getting close to magnolia flowers,
even though they make me sneeze. They are so large, so white and graceful. Sunlight and shadow make beautiful shapes across them. The flower I photographed in preparation for this painting was about eight or nine inches across.

I've completed two magnolia paintings so far, with the intent to paint a very large one (30x22") someday in a similar style. Today's posted picture could be considered a preliminary study.

Pictures can never do justice to the vibrance of the original colors.
The painting is just a few inches high. (Coin for scale.)

This would make a wonderful Valentine's or Mother's Day gift. As a New Year's deal, the original can be yours for only $25.oo unmatted. Price includes shipping. Contact the artist. (Satisfaction guaranteed or full refund!)

3 comments:

Christine said...

They are awesome! Magnolias are my favorite. Good job! Wish we weren't back in school right now...

J said...

Thanks!

Lanie Sue Madere said...

Its time for a new post ;) like I should talk, haha. Come on lets seem some more Awesome Andra Art A.K.A AAA A.K.A Triple A ROFL Oh Wait that name is already taken.