Friday, October 2, 2009

To Grandma... And a little something for everyone else too...

Hi Grandma! I miss you. I'm excited to see you on Sunday! There's not much to say about my life these days. School. An arachnophobic roommate. Albertson's coupons. Pretty dang exciting, eh?!!

Here is a song from my institute teacher, paraphrased from the hymn, "Choose the Right."

Choose to date,
When the choice is placed before you.
Choose to date,
The Holy Spirit guides.
Dating's light is forever shining o'er you
When in your date your heart confides.
Choose to date!
Choose to date!
Let "hanging out" go marching out the door!
When you date,
You'll find a mate,
And God will bless you evermore!

This week the teacher's sweet wife gave the lesson. She was talking about the Church's Family Proclamation http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&sourceId=87ba862384d20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=0ef9f4b13819d110VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD

She said how pleased President Hinckley must be to know it had such an impact. "People have quoted it... they've hung it on their walls, and decorated it...." I was laughing inside: I hope that those who read it have done a LOT more than that with it! (like applying its teachings to help their families be happier....) Okay, I know she meant that it had become so important to some families that they had put it on their mantels with floral motifs around it because that's what women do with things they love.... But it made me laugh.

2 comments:

grandma said...

THAT WAS A CUTE REDO OF THE THE HYMN. ANXIOUS TO SEE YOU TOMORROW.

Chuck said...

I love that new hymn... not because I'm planning anything, but because I wish I'd read it back when I was young and dating and fearful. By the way, we like your theme music... Baby Elephant Waltz.